Deccan Business in conversation with Mr Manas Wadhwa- Founder “क se Kulcha”
What was the inspiration behind such a unique concept of making Amritsari Kulchas a signature dish and with ten different types of Kulchas?
- Amidst covid and its dynamic temper people are inevitably missing finger-licking, spicy street food. Interestingly, “क se Kulcha” found the key to the stumbling block without weighing heavy on your pockets. Where ‘Good Food -Healthy Food’ comes along with the taste, the place is no other than “क se Kulcha” Our object of the exercise is to bring the essence from the streets of India, the taste you can’t impede right into your plate and in your slice of the budget. After the hammer-like hit of Covid 19, we came across the reluctant nature among masses where they wanted to enjoy street spices like before the new normal came into existence but the agitation of getting infected was honest to goodness high or the cost of falling sick was such that they are forced to avoid their liking in this sphere. Keeping this thought in mind “क se Kulcha” was born, with almost 100 dishes to choose from, you don’t have to stay aloof from your most liked street kulchas. Covid protocols are followed and utmost hygiene is maintained at all levels by the field professionals.
Why did you choose to serve North Indian Cuisine in “क se Kulcha”? What makes “क se Kulcha” different from others serving the same cuisine?
- We are here intending to bring the warm comforting flavours of Chole Kulche straight from the streets of India to every plate but we also pay utmost attention to hygiene and cleanliness as that is the need of the hour. The sole reason behind choosing to serve north Indian street food is to make it available for all without worrying about the hygiene and in their budget.
Our dishes in the menu and flavours in each dish we serve, makes “क se Kulcha” different from others. We are proud to be one of a kind, who not just serves north Indian street food but has also brought flavours from Hyderabad, Mumbai & Ahmedabad to the table under one umbrella.
The Hospitality Industry has faced major losses at the time of Pandemic. What is the survival story of your restaurants?
- It is interesting to share that we started “क se Kulcha” in August 2021 when the second wave of covid was already over. Moreover, we have been associated with food delivering companies like Zomato and Swiggy that helped us in serving people at the comfort of their home. So luckily the outlet did not have to suffer.
What are your future plans of expansion?
- Talking about business expansion plan, being a first-generation company, we have very aggressive expansion plans. We are eagerly looking for business growth partners who would like to shake hands with us. We are mainly focusing on FOCO (Franchise Owned Company Operated) Model, where outlets will be operated by us and investment is seeked from a franchise partner.
Social media plays a very important role in today’s era. How do you make sure to stay updated towards your menu and everything?
- We have an in-house team who manages R& D for “क se Kulcha” and helps us in understanding latest trends and requirements. Other than this, we also collaborate with several food bloggers from time and time to stay up dated. We are also present across various social media platforms like Instagram & Facebook that provide us with the knowledge of newest market mania. Lastly, customer feedback is a major source of information that motivates us to always do better and be at our best.
How did you decide to keep the name of your outlet “क se Kulcha”?
- Entire inspiration about the brand came from Kulchas. Just like from the name of subway one gets to know about the food that it serves, we also wanted to keep the same self-explanatory yet trendy. With this though we took the initial of Kulcha, which is “क and named it “क se Kulcha”.